Last updated: October, 2023
Prepd LLC (“Prepd”, ”we”, ”us”, “our”) values the privacy of its users, and others, who visit and use Prepd’s applications and websites (collectively or individually, “You”, “User/s”, “Member/s”, “Account/s”). By using the Prepd applications and websites, you expressly consent to the information handling practices described in this notice.
What information is collected
- User-provided Information: You may provide to Prepd what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (including, but not limited to, your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/work/mobile telephone number) if you log in to Prepd, or otherwise use the features and functionality of Prepd.
- You may also provide other information to Prepd, including your age, location, gender, title, workplace information (e.g., teachers may identify the school they work at, when creating a team, through name, address, phone number, district information, etc.) through use of Prepd’s applications and websites, such as by creating a user profile, creating a team or joining an existing team.
- You may also be required to provide credit card information when purchasing a subscription using the Credit Card payment option, or School District information (representative contact information, other schools which are part of the District and will be purchasing memberships), when opting for the “School District Payment” option.
- Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Cookies are imperative to the functionality of our applications and accessing different features. We do not take responsibility for a user’s inability to use any (or all) feature(s) due to their decision to block Cookies.
- For more information about cookies and how they are used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you access the Prepd applications (including the Blog and/or Help Center) or open one of our emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using different types of tracking technology. This “automatically collected” information may include (but is not limited to): user IDs, emails, version of software installed, system type, the referring search query used to locate content and pages on the Prepd applications, the content and pages that you access on Prepd, the content you submit into Prepd, the dates and times that you visit the applications.
- Do Not Track: Our applications honor the do not track signals when a Do Not Track (DNT) mechanism is set by your browser.
How the information is used
Prepd uses the information that you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, improve, and provide all of the features and services found on Prepd.
Prepd uses all of the information that we collect to understand the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the way Prepd works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
Prepd may also use the information that you provide or that we collect to serve you with news and updates about Prepd products.
We will use your email address, without further consent, for administrative communications such as notifying you of major updates, for customer service purposes, to address policy issues, or to contact you regarding any content you generated on Prepd. You also consent to receive other communications from Prepd, such as reports, newsletters about new releases, offers, promotional announcements, and customer surveys via email or other methods. If you no longer wish to receive certain emails, you may opt-out via the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the emails, by disabling reports from your Account Settings or emailing email@example.com to request to be unsubscribed.
Prepd may use “Automatically Collected” information and “Cookies” information to:
- automatically update the Prepd applications on your system;
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access Prepd, and give you access to your account during a current session;
- monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of users, teams and pages or features accessed, content (and type of content) uploaded and generated;
- provide such metrics to users as they pertain to such user’s generated content (eg. activity reports and analytics);
- track your status in any promotions or other activities.
Prepd does NOT sell personal information and data collected or provided by its users to third-party agents.
Prepd does NOT use personal information and data collected or provided by its users for marketing purposes or advertising of other, third-party, agents.
When the information is disclosed
Prepd does not knowingly share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your prior express consent.
- Prepd may disclose aggregated or other types of non-personally identifiable information to third parties for various purposes, including marketing or promotional uses. For example, we may disclose non-personally identifiable information to interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns on Prepd, through the usage of analytics tracking applications (such as Google Analytics – https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/). You can opt out of making your activity available to Google Analytics, by installing the “Google Opt-out browser extension” – details here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881
Please be aware that any personally identifiable information that you voluntarily choose to display on Prepd – such as your full name, emails address and photo – becomes publicly available (i.e., available only within the Prepd applications, to other registered users) and may be collected and used by others without restriction. Such information is available only to other members of your team on Prepd with the following exceptions:
- Information you voluntarily provide when offering a testimonial for the Prepd website or social media.
- Information (full name and team name) which identifies you as the submitter of a Practice question. You may opt out of having your information made public by submitting questions anonymously.
We may disclose user information to affiliated companies or other businesses or persons to: provide website hosting, maintenance, and security services; fulfill orders; conduct data analysis and create reports; offer certain functionality; and improvements. We require that these parties process such information in compliance with this Privacy Notice, we authorize only a limited use of such information, and we require these parties to use reasonable confidentiality measures. Examples where personally identifiable information is used:
- An email address (for support and customer service purposes) through our partners, such as Intercom and Zendesk. To find out more details on how these third-party companies store and use personal data, please visit their respective Privacy Policies at:
- Intercom: https://www.intercom.com/terms-and-policies#privacy
- Zendesk: https://www.zendesk.com/company/customers-partners/privacy-policy/
- Full name, address, school address and other details provided when making a check payment (invoices and receipts) are processed using Quickbooks (https://www.quickbooks.co.uk/privacy-policy/)
Prepd may disclose user information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant in the manner required by the requesting entity.
Prepd also reserves the right to disclose user information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary:
- to take precautions against liability;
- to protect us from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses;
- to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations;
- to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity Prepd;
- to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Prepd, our Users, or others.
How your data is protected
We check our website and applications regularly for security breaches and vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We do not use Malware Scanning.
The information we collect or you provide to us is contained behind secured networks and through encrypted communications (using an Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Certificate). The same information is available only to a limited number of agents who have special access rights, and are required to keep the information confidential. The passwords to your accounts are encrypted and we do not have visibility over them.
All stored data stored in our database is encrypted upon being written (saved).
All payments are processed through a payment processor, to ensure the security of your confidential information and the transactions processed.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information at all times.
Should we become aware that a security system breach occurred, we will take the necessary steps to contact and inform you individually (via email) or by posting notices through other means (eg. blog posts, newsletters, app notifications). If applicable, we will also notify the School District to which the affected teams (or users) pertain.
You may decline to share your personally-identifiable information with Prepd, in which case we will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on Prepd. You may update, correct, or delete your user information and preferences at any time by using the Account Setting options found in the Classroom application (classroom.prepd.in) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information.
You may also choose to opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from many of our advertising partners and others by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) page http://www.networkadvertising.org.
Parents’ Rights and Children’s Privacy
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE PREPD APPLICATIONS OR WEBSITES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER, WITHOUT THE EXPLICIT CONSENT OF YOUR PARENT OR YOUR LEGAL GUARDIAN.
It is very important to us to protect the privacy of young children. For that reason, Prepd will NOT knowingly collect, use or distribute personal information from children under the age of 13 without prior consent from a parent or guardian.
- Prepd will not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years-of-age without prior consent from their parent or legal guardian.
- Personal information collected from children under 13 years-of-age will be used solely by Prepd, its agents, and partners (as described in section 3.When we disclose personal information) for internal purposes only. We do not sell such information to third parties.
- Prepd will not knowingly ask a child under 13 years-of-age do divulge more information than it is required to access the features of the Prepd applications, and for educational purposes.
- Prepd will not knowingly keep personal information that is inadvertently included in a child’s email inquiry, help request or other one-time submission if we know the child to be under 13 years-of-age.
- Prepd will not knowingly post any personal information which is inadvertently included in a child’s submission to a general audience contribution if we know the child to be under 13-years-of age. Upon notice to us, these submissions will be deleted and/or handled anonymously thereafter.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a Prepd member, then please contact us at email@example.com to have that child’s account terminated and information deleted. You may also opt to have their personal information altered to preserve their privacy and anonymity, if you allow them to continue using Prepd.
Prepd does not specifically market to children under 13 years of age.
What happens in the event of a merger or sale
In the event that Prepd is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
This privacy notice may be revised periodically without further notice to you and this will be reflected by a “last modified” date below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the privacy notice in effect when we received that personal information.
YOUR CONTINUED USE OF PREPD CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND ANY FUTURE REVISIONS.
For revisions to this privacy notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information you have provided to us, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you and obtain your consent before implementing revisions with respect to such information.
Prepd can be contacted at the following:
7403 Fair Oaks Pkwy,
Fair Oaks Ranch, TX 78015